I think you’re one of the artists that
are gonna be on on this show that goes… on to do stuff. People are gonna want to
see you live. – Thank you so much
I think there’s a little bit of genius in you. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) What’s your name? My name is Daniel Shaw, I’m 20
years old, I’m from Melbourne. I’ve been busking for around 12 or 13 years
now. I really want to get off the streets and
actually start playing to some bigger… crowds and feel like I’m doing something
with what I’ve got. But I’m really nervous, I’ve never really sung to a
crowd this big before. To me I just feel like you’re a song away from superstardom. – Do you play guitar?
I can play guitar but no one really cares if I play guitar. No one cares? I do. I think after that comment, go with Delta You’ve just shown people that you
have the goods, like that’s undeniable. We’ve lost a coach. Should we wait for George? I don’t know. Excuse me guys – George?
Don’t follow me! – What’s up what’s going on?
I’m annoyed I told him that and he goes… who cares if I play guitar, that’s not cool. – Ok, let’s just go back out
I’m not going back. – George?
I’m not coming back. Do you write songs?
– Yeah, I write lots of songs. Do you have an original? I’d love to hear it.
– Yeah, I do, I do. Awesome. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) You write hits yeah? You write hits. Good, excellent fantastic. Please come on my team. I wanna help you be on radio, like I know you’ve got the ability for those originals. That’s what I know within a second when I hear
somebody’s songs I would say the decision Thank you so much, thank you all. I would say, the decision is yours but if you do choose George, I will sit in his chair. As if I was George. But I’d love you to be on my team. This is your moment. I wasn’t expecting all you to turn
that’s crazy, I might have to go with Delta. Ahh, he’s good. I knew that was gonna happen, damn it. She’s perfect. No, I’m good, I’m good. I’m just..
– George? I don’t know. It was just like. I misheard what was said. And I just went. You know when you just go in the moment? I’m kinda fine now. And I’m a bit embarrassed. Oh hey. Now I’m gonna get like, tied to my seat. – Great start, plenty of drama. A bit of comedy in there. We’ve got really great voices coming out too guys, are you ready to get out there? Season 8, feeling great?
– Season 8, feeling great! 1, 2, 3. Season 8, feeling great! My next knockout is Daniel, Jordan and
Zach. They all have a very current sound. And that’s why I brought
them together. I chose something a little… bit left-field for the three of you and
you might just hesitate a tiny bit at me. Dua Lipa.
– I was not expecting that. That was very surprising for all of us. We thought it was gonna be like Shawn Mendes or something similar. You know, something that three young guys would sing. – It’s a female artist means you can make it… your own as a man. I think finding your
own style and being able to do that is a… really really big deal.
– The song that Delta chose for me was New Rules. B-flat minor to B
– I feel like that would be easier for the high note. Why don’t you go E minor to C? ♫♫♫ Daniel’s musicianship is something that
I’ve never seen on our show before. So I’ve given him a big challenge he’s
got to play and sing and find himself in this moment. I want it to feel like this is Daniel Shaw,
like oh this is who you are as an artist Because you’re so unique.
you can move it where you want to move it. Like, that’s the task, that’s the challenge.
– I’m gonna mock around with the melodies I think. It’s quite a monotone kind of song, theres not much light and shade going on. So I really have to
create those nuances that I want people to hear. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) You’re the man, who doesn’t play guitar. I can play, I just. No one really cares when I play guitar. It’s okay, I’m in therapy at the moment because of that moment. There are a lot of people on this season who really could just go and get record deals. I think you’re one of them. You’re very
modern. I’ve been worried about you ever… since I saw you and I was like I can’t
believe you went with Delta. I mean the truth is. I want to take the three of you and I’ve put you together and now I’m kicking myself and wish I had a space for
everybody right now up in my team. The person I’m taking through, is Jordan. Jordan, you are through on team Delta! You have won the knock-out. Ah, man. That’s a tough one. No saves left for Kelly or Guy but George and Delta, you have five seconds to hit your buzzer if you want to keep… Daniel or Zach in the competition. Coaches, your time starts now. Daniel, staying with team Delta. This battle is between the Coy Boys and
Daniel. Daniel is certainly not an artist to take lightly he’s very talented. The song I’ve chosen is Let It Be by the Beatles.
– That’s a great song. It’s a great song. I’ve never really sang this song like live or anything before so, no. Let’s just have a sing of it. You okay?
– I always feel like I just can’t do it. My throat… You’ve got to stop saying that, you’re so great. For this song, hitting the high note, I wasn’t sure I could never hit that note performing life before. Daniel seems to have a clear box of what he thinks he’s capable of and what he thinks he’s not. F is like a highest I can belt and
then F-sharp I’m like… I just don’t believe you
– I mean one time in the studio. Look at me Daniel. I don’t believe you. I think you can do anything
you put your mind to. There’s a real lesson today where I’m learning that I
have to rewire the way Daniel sees what… he thinks he’s capable of. tonight they’re joining forces to deliver a touching tribute… to the victims of the
Christchurch terror attack. (Cheering and applauding) ♫♫♫ Both of you did your jobs, you’ve just
captured the room and everyone’s hearts. Well you know how to bring the magic too,
you know what I mean. We all just felt… something in here that was just in the
air and both of you guys gave that out so beautifully. Probably the best you
performed on the show so far and I guess… that shows us the importance of putting
real emotion into what you do up there… on stage and also we’re reminded that
you know, there’s more love in the world… than there is hate and we should always
remember that and that’s what music, teaches us. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) I just feel very strange about this
moment because it was very beyond a… competition or a conversation about
going forwards. I’m gonna go with… the person that I believe needs me more
right now. I’m gonna go with Daniel. Hey, how are you?
– Good, how are you? I love Daniel it was so great to
see him. He feels really happy and… excited to be here. The song I’ve chosen
for you is Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer Okay This song is very different for me, it’s
quite an upbeat 80s song and it’s not my… usual style. I feel like I really need to
do that differently to be honest. – Yeah? what do you think?
Like a passionate piano ballad kind of way… I can kind of hear that. Bring it Daniel, bring it. ♫♫♫ You just have this ability to make me
feel so at ease… and and I think you’re one of the
artists that are gonna be on on this… show that goes on to do stuff. People are
gonna want to see you live. I think that’s a little bit of genious in you.
– I think you could win this, I really do. What I saw just then was the discovery
of an artist. What I saw was somebody… that I want to hear their album, I want
to go see them live, well done. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) There was no busker in sight on stage
last week. I love the beanie off too by the way.
– So do I, let my hair breathe. It also felt like it was a metaphor I’m open, I’m free, I’m completely myself.
I just really saw you up there and I really I’m happy for you and proud now
let’s stay on the path… and come out the gate again this week with a great performance. The song Daniel is singing this week is Torn by Natalie Imbruglia Have you ever had your heart broken?
– Many times seriously yeah I fall in love very easily. You’re an artist.
– The last relationship I had was so complicated I really want to put my heart out there
and if I can’t make the coaches feel… what I’m feeling , if I can’t make
Australia feel what I’m feeling I think I failed. (Cheering and applauding) ♫♫♫ Oh my god you are so magical,
I want a whole album. I do I want a whole album. ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding) I dug out Daniels first application to
join The Voice. I’ve been busking for 12 years. I started playing piano when I was six, I was really shy I’m still really shy. Little do we know, in this video
it’s like you’re gonna come out roaring. I do feel like I’m different for sure
now. Looking at that video of myself I really… saw that I’ve grown more
confident and that I’m not too much in my head. There is a song on the chart right
now which every artist in the world wish they wrote. Lewis Capaldi’s Someone You Loved.
– Oh… It’s a song that’s really hitting right now, and it’s heartbreaking, It’s perfect for Daniel. That song makes me feel something you.
– Just hit the magic part, it makes you feel something. You make people feel something
connection is your magic. It’s not going to be easy to sing this song.
I’m very worried. It doesn’t have to be perfect it, it just has to be real.
– Yeah. ♫♫♫ You’re through to the grand finale, how does it feel? I’m just surprised. I’m so happy yeah so happy, just getting that kind of approval from Australia. Just really, I’m just yeah I don’t know what to say. I think you’re gonna be spending a lot of time in the studio. I hope so. – Which is why we’re here. I’ve gone through so much during this show, it has changed me a lot. And I feel like, I’m not the busker
anymore. I’ve reached another level and I… want to keep pushing towards my dreams.
– Here’s the difference between you and… all the other artists. Everyone else is
trying to discover their layers. They’re going: Let’s try this shoe on, let’s try this type of song. We have had a clear vision from day one… and every single
time you stepped out that there, you have gotten… better and better and better. So this
performance has to be your best. (Cheering and applauding) ♫♫♫ It’s always different when you sing. Cause you always do different things and that’s a true artist. You’re just in the moment you feel it, we feel it, when you feel it.
– You’re the real deal and I am truly honored to be your… coach, but more importantly I am just honored
to sit here and watch you shine. It was incredible. ♫♫♫ Australia, it’s time to find out who you
have chosen as your voice of 2019. The winner of The Voice 2019 is: It’s Diana Rouvas! ♫♫♫ (Cheering and applauding)